vrijdag 7 januari 2011

EastEnders: BBC chief defends cot death storyline

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jan/07/eastenders-cot-death-plot
Publication date: Friday 7 January

More than 6000 complaints have been made about a controversial plot of Eastenders. The baby of character Ronnie died and therefor she kidnapped the baby of Kat and Alfie. Benneth, the BBC Vision director, said that the show was 'absolutely not suggesting that Ronnie's behaviour was typical of a mother who has suffered such a terrible and tragic loss'. Benneth said that the issue was 'sensitively handled'.

Reaction
I think it is really funny that people complain about a plot in a soap. If you do not like it, why continu to watch a show? I really do not understand why you should complain about a soap. It is a soap and soaps have always poor storylines. I am wondering if something like this would happen in the Netherlands. I cannot imagine that, for example, NRC Handelsblad would report that people are complaining about the storyline of Goede Tijden Slechte Tijden.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten