http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2010/nov/22/dublin-arts-scene-recession
Publication date: 22 November 2010
Dublin is broke. The Irish government is accepting an IMF and EU bailout. Properties lie empty. But this is not so bad as it sounds. Local artists, designers, and writers are making the best of it. Closed-down shops, unused garages, and vacant warehouses are turned into spaces for exhibitions, performances, and gigs. Collectives and not-for-profit organisations are formed. Dublin has become a city of pop-up spaces. These are the five best: Basis Space, Block T, The Complex, Exchange Dublin, and SHE-D.
Reaction
When I red about the independent art scene in Dublin I had to think immediately of Berlin. In Berlin is a similar independent art scene; a lot of closed-down shops and buildings with exhibitions. Because of the freedom and lack of money, the artist have all the space to developing themselves which results in a very interesting underground scene. I would love to go to Dublin and see it all by myself.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten